B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
I have tried everything in your article, I have a laptop, Lenovo G570 Windows 7 x64 running IE11, upgraded from IE10, same issue. If I do not run IE without “Run as Administrator”, it is extremely slow, the circle of death run round and eventually you get to the page, in the application event log you receive event 1000 and 1001, fault bucket errors, appcrash errors, and . I have checked using four different malware and rootkit programs, it is clean. If I run as an administrator, no errors and runs fine. Next I will downgrade to IE9 or even IE8, or my last choice is a total reload of Windows. I have many years of IT experience being an IT manager, but this one is kicking me a bit, thanks for any suggestion.